Free to Fail
After my less-than-successful texture attempt last week, I was slightly hesitant about sharing another experiment.
But then, what is this space other than a safe haven for trial and error; for attempting new things – even when they fall flat? Thank you for your input and feedback – I appreciate your comments.
“There is no failure.
Robert G. Allen
Texture Tuesday Processing (Adobe Photoshop CC)
This week I played with the Simplify plug-in from Topaz Labs – taking advantage of their 30-day free trial option. Simplify ” is an easy way to create one-of-a-kind art from your photos and offers photographers a wide range of options for creative expression.”
- Copy background layer and process through Topaz Simplify plug-in to create a painted look
- Using Adobe Paper Texture Pro extension, apply the Flypaper Metallic Ice texture with blend mode set to Multiply. Desaturate. Add a levels adjustment to increase contrast, especially in the highlights. Group these layers and set the opacity of the group to 49%.
- Add the 99 texture and desaturate. Set the blend mode to Multiply.
- Add a Levels adjustment to increase overall contrast, especially in the highlights.
- Using the Adobe Paper Texture Pro extension, apply the French Kiss Glorious Grunge Letter 2 texture, blend mode = Multiply and opacity = 34%
Below is the original image and the Photoshop Layers Palette:
Linking with Texture Tuesday, hosted by Kim Klassen