Lady in Red
There is no clear view into the interior. No lights, no movement – the space within: abandoned and forgotten.
But add a mysterious woman – with her thoughtful and solemn gaze – and another story emerges. Who is she? What is she doing there, behind that glass?
Sometimes we have to create our own story.
- Run my Midtone Contrast action to bring out the texture in the brick
- Add the Stained Linen texture, blend mode = Multiply
- Add a Color Lookup adjustment, with the 3DLUT File set to “Futuristic Bleak” to tone down the red brick
- Add a levels adjustment to increase the overall contrast, especially in the highlights
- Add the woman image (from the Stage Beauties CD Collection), transforming to fit the window area. Add a mask, painting over the window crossbar and any of the image that goes beyond the window area
- Add a Levels adjustment, clipped to the woman layer, increasing the highlights. Group this adjustment with the woman layer
- Add the Scratched Magic texture, blend mode = Difference, opacity = 50%
- To add a subtle vignette, process the Pioneer Woman Photography Quick Edge Burn action, reducing opacity to 50%
Below are the images used to create this composite:
Linking with Texture Tuesday, hosted by Kim Klassen