“So still were the big woods where I sat,
sound might not yet have been born.”
A cool, green-dappled tunnel. Sunlight filtering through the lush ceiling, the trees welcoming sentinels. Within the stillness, a curve ahead, beckoning.
This early summer scene from the NJ Grounds for Sculpture is a welcome respite from bone-chilling cold, splashy slush and leaden skies.
A reminder of what is just around the corner.
Texture Tuesday Processing (Photoshop CC)
- Process the Orton Effect action (Tutorials of this effect can be found here and here.)
- Reduce the yellow/greens with a saturation adjustment
- Create a flattened composite layer of the image (ALT-CTRL-Shift-E). Using the Iris Blur filter, further blur the edges of the image to create a dreamy look
- Add the Return texture, blend mode = Hard Light and opacity = 85%
- Add an overall levels adjustment to increase contrast, especially in the highlights
Below is the original image and the Photoshop layers palette:
Linking with Texture Tuesday, hosted by Kim Klassen