The Nature of Friendship
The introvert and the extrovert.
On the surface, a friendship would seem unlikely. After all, they are so very different.
The one so straight-laced and buttoned-up; all verticals and horizontals, only a trio of simple bronze stars as decoration. Quiet, self-effacing and subtle.
The other – widely exuberant, with swirls and curlicues; florals, scrolls and checkerboards. Ostentatious and grand, with layer upon layer of decorative ornamentation. Shouting to the world, “look at me!”
And yet – here they stand – shoulder to shoulder, supporting one another. Facing the world together; celebrating and acknowledging their differences.
Knowing that, at their essential core, they are the same.
Texture Tuesday Processing
- Process the Lovely and Ethereal action from Pioneer Woman Photography
- Run my mid-tone contrast action to sharpen and enhance the textures
- Add the 1402 texture, blend mode = Multiply
- Add the TeaTime texture (from the Mini-May collection), blend mode = Multiply
- Add the Stained Linen texture, blend mode = Multiply
- Add a Levels adjustment to increase overall contrast and lighten the highlights
Below is the original image and the Photoshop layers palette:
Linking with Texture Tuesday, hosted by Kim Klassen