The Birth of Shadows
Shadows have returned. And, of course, that means the reappearance of light.
One day of sunshine can easily wipe out weeks of grayness. Even though temperatures remain at their winter setting and bundling up is still required, there is now a spring in my step as we inch closer to the seasonal change.
On this day, the sun paints the world with its golden light and shadows stripe my surroundings. Temporary patterns are created, fleeting and ethereal, following the sun. The camera feels weightless in my hands. And for those few moments, all is right with my world.
Texture Tuesday Processing
- Add quote text, using transform to rotate so the text lines up with shadow lines. Set blend mode to Hard Light
- Add shadow text, rotating for proper placement. Set blend mode to Soft Light
- Duplicate shadow text layer, setting opacity to 50% in order to darken the text. Group shadow text layers together.
- Add the 1412 texture, setting blend mode to Multiply
- Add a Levels adjustment to increase overall contrast
- Process my midtone contrast action to bring out the texture of the concrete
Below is the original image and the Photoshop layers palette:
Linking with Texture Tuesday, Wise Words Edition, hosted by Kim Klassen