Hungry for golden light, weary of winter’s gray, I journeyed into the archives for today’s featured image.
Ol’ Man Winter won’t get the best of me. No, if he won’t deliver, I’ll just fake it.
With a few clicks of the mouse, I’ll rearrange pixels and pour digital gold across the screen. I’ll swipe the sky with an azure brush and then, do it again, just for good measure.
I’ll create summer, right here on my monitor, until I feel the shimmering heat. Until I need my sunglasses to block the radiant glare and I’ll bask in the gilded glow.
Do you feel it?
Texture Tuesday Processing
- Add the Phoebe texture
- Process the Pencil Sketch action (PDF tutorial can be found here)
- Process my midtone contrast action to bring out the textures
- Run the Warmer Action from Pioneer Woman Photography. Mask the blue reflections in the window so they are unchanged.
- Run the Cooler Action from Pioneer Woman Photography. Copy and invert the mask from the Warmer layer so that only the blue sky is impacted.
- Duplicate the Cooler layer to double the effect’s impact.
Below is the original image and the Photoshop layers palette:
Linking with Texture Tuesday, hosted by Kim Klassen