Taking time to look up – another lesson photography has taught me. It’s how I discovered my “pies” – by looking up and seeing geometry in all its triangular beauty. And then there is my
obsession with affinity for lampposts. So much to be seen, by turning our gaze skyward.
Like this common telephone pole, with its attached street light, and myriad electrical wiring. A miracle really – a tribute to mankind’s ingenuity, its electrons buzzing and bouncing, powering our lives. Here transformed into an abstract of line and shape and space.
Created through the simple act of looking up.
Texture Tuesday Processing
- Add text (Allura font); set opacity to 25%
- Process Pioneer Woman Photography Old West action; set opacity to 58%
- Add Serendipity texture and desaturate; blend mode set to Linear Burn and opacity to 54%
- Add Confusion texture and desaturate; blend mode set to Multiply
- Add a Levels adjustment to increase overall contrast
Linking with Texture Tuesday, hosted by Kim Klassen
Are you excited about the October Third Thursday Challenge? I can’t wait to see how you have stretched yourself. Join in on October 18 – submissions will be open through the end of the month.