Between You and Me and the Lamppost
Between you and me and the lamppost, I have become a procrastinator (gasp!)
I keep finding excuses not to write. The keyboard is not my friend. My brain is fuzzy and words seem to float just out of reach. There are always other “projects” which grab my wandering attention – you know, important things like making the bed, working on the grocery list, folding socks.
Yes, I realize I have been in this place before, suffering that uncomfortable feeling; watching the cursor blink its slow rhythm as it patiently awaits further instruction.
I want what I say here to be meaningful; to relay ideas about art and creativity; to touch a chord with you; to share our artistic journeys.
But perhaps my insistence on having something profound to say – something deep and penetrating and wise, as well as witty and clever – is the source of my writing discontent.
Maybe it is enough to just show up here, with an image to share, a minimum of words and know you’ll understand.
Texture Tuesday Processing
- Add Oh My watercolor texture, Blend Mode = Hard Light
- Duplicate texture layer, Blend Mode = Darken to further highlight the texture
- Using a radial gradient, add yellow and white circles of color behind the globes to resemble the glow of lamplight
- Process my Pencil Sketch action, which blends the original image into the background
- Add “Light” text – Scriptina Font
- Add quote text – Trebuchet Font
- Process mid-tone contrast action to bring out textures
Below is the original image and the Photoshop layers palette.
Linking with Texture Tuesday