Do Not Block Doors
Do you ever wish you had a sign like this? One you could hang on the doors of your imagination, your creativity? One that would keep the cold winds of indecision and doubt and second-guessing at bay?
For those times when the ideas won’t come? When the cursor blinks its steady rhythm, mocking your inability to string words together? When your images fail to excite? When you can’t find the key to unlock the door?
If only there was a sign. One that lets your fears know – “you can’t park there.”
One that would keep those doors unblocked, letting in the light and the joy and the laughter. So that you could always find your way back to that place where inspiration and creativity reside.
Do Not Block Doors. I’m off to hang a sign.
Texture Tuesday Processing
- Duplicate the image, setting blend mode to Soft Light
- Add a color-fill layer, setting blend mode to Multiply and opacity to 25% to add warmth
- Run midtone contrast action to bring out the peeling paint texture
- Add a vignette to the bottom of the image
- Desaturate the Portrait texture, setting the blend mode to Multiply and opacity to 80%
- Desaturate the Golden texture, setting the blend mode to Color Burn
- Add a levels adjustment layer to increase overall contrast
Linking in with Kim Klassen’s Texture Tuesday